This mod allows players to create and remotely control Avatars. Avatars act like players, with a few minor exceptions. The mod also includes a few custom entities to control and create the Avatars.

2 days ago
0.13 - 1.1

g error on load

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

failed to load mods: avatars prototypes/items/intermediates.lua:77:bad argument #1 to 'insert' (table expected, got nil)

error also occurs for DeepMine.
disabling both mods allows personal modpack i've been making to load no errors. error occurs for each individually, so i'm guessing there is actually a third mod causing both of these two to not function. how should i proceed? i can do some basic debugging (if i can figure out how to find logs for this game i'm pretty new to), but i'm told it's in lua, and i'm not to familiar with it.

6 years ago

(factorio 0.15.33)

6 years ago

loading up factorio with base mod, avatars, and adding one-by-one other mods till shit breaks. cause i'm having trouble isolating cause.

6 years ago

Sorry, didn't notice this until now (emails are best FYI). The offending line at prototypes/items/intermediates.lua:77 is inserting my intermediate items into the productivity modules' limitation table. One of your other mods is just outright deleting it. So, do any of your mods remove productivity module limitations?

Tell them to do it in the "data-final-fixes" phase, not in the data phase (who trys to delete a table before other people add to it???). I could make a check for this, but it's sloppy on the other mod's end and should be fixed from there.

6 years ago

productivity module limitations.... head hits keyboard
I recall changing a setting in a config option somewhere about that....
under bob's modules there was a setting: "productivity limitations" that was unchecked. Re-checking it and re-adding Avatars no longer results in crash.
(crash occured even after removing all mods but avatars, and also occured with just the bob's mods and angel's mods interactions (not-dependency persay, but integrations)...
changing that setting back, and checking it resolved issue. thanks!

6 years ago

(i had mis-understood the description of the config option and thought that removing a limitation would add stuff i hadn't yet seen to the game...during a very long config adjustment. not even sure if i had put avatars into the pack before or after i made those changes, but i do recall being like: "i don't notice anything different yet....strange."

6 years ago

so yeah, the offending mod/issue is within bob's modules. If the config option is off, it won't load Avatars mod.

6 years ago

Hm, I checked out bob-modules, and ya, he is calling a function that doesn't exist and just killing the limitation on the modules.

6 years ago

thx, this thread helped me to not repeat your steps in finding the issue :)

well, very sloppy behavior to just kill a table instead of making an exception xP

New response