Auto Incrementer

by Hermios

Generate a constant quantity of virtual signal Aic

Utilities
4 years ago
0.16 - 0.18

b normal CC now only gives AIC signal

5 years ago

the idea to easily generate unique signals is really nice and useful for quite a few applications like having unique IDs for train stations etc.

but when i just added this mod to my current map, constant combinators started to behave differently :
i still can click existing CC on the map to open them, but when i place any new CC from my inventory, it is placed with an Aic signal in it and i can NOT click it to open and edit the signals that the CC should send. Those CC are shown to be normal CC and any newly crafted CC joins those broken unusable CC.

although i would like to get some new CC with this ability, the mod and my map are completely unusable as it works (or rather doesn't work) now in the current version :-(

5 years ago

Hi
Indeed, I forgot some filters.
It is now fixed, thanks for that. Please test, I have not so much time to do so right now!

5 years ago

the constant combinator are back to vanilla, and i see a signal "Aic" in the tab for virtual signals (it is shown between the virtual signals "1" and "2"; maybe that could be improved :-)

but how do i get those unique signals now ? i tried setting such a signal in the CC, and the Aic signal can be set just like any other virtual signal giving it some explicit number, but not automatically unique. I also couldn't find another new "Aic-Combinator" that works like the bad CC in the last version worked (automatically being "preloaded" with a unique Aic-Signal). How is this mod supposed to work ?

5 years ago

Hi Anson
Sorry for the late answer, I was quite busy!
Actually, you should be able to find the new Aic Combinator, just near the standard CC. This one works like the "bad CC" from the previous version. If you don't, this may be because you loaded in an existing version of your game, where CC have already been researched. Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do, as, to unlock the auto increment combinator, I use a standard process from Factorio.
For the tab of virtual signals, you are right. I'll change it in a next version, but not yet, as this is not mandatory. Thanks anyway for the comment!

5 years ago

Actually, you should be able to find the new Aic Combinator, just near the standard CC. If you don't, this may be because you loaded in an existing version of your game, where CC have already been researched. Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do, as, to unlock the auto increment combinator, I use a standard process from Factorio.

it is possible to do that : that's the purpose of migration ...
look at how other mods do it: they check whether a tech has already been researched and then enable all related items, recipes, etc

5 years ago

Hem... thanks for the tip :)
I send now a new version. Sorry, not so much time to test, but you can tell me if it's ok
Thanks
Niko

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

after updating the mod and restarting the old map, i now have the AIC combinator ... seems to work fine now.

ps: the virtual Aic signal also is no longer between the number signals, but between number and letter signals. much better now (although i would like even better to have all vanilla signals together with no modded signals in between)

5 years ago

Yep, will be fixed in the next release :)

New response