g Hm. Not fireing.

7 years ago

I use factorio 0.13.8.
I have the 1.2.0 version.
I am surrounded by biters.
But the Arty says nuffin.
Whaaai?

7 years ago

Well it works perfectly fine on 0.13 which is the mods intended version the only thing i'm disappointed in is their targeting they go for the closest target but they should target the buildings instead so when you have more aggressive mods installed that make biters and such much stronger i would prefer they stay dead personally.

7 years ago

As for it not firing, I have had no problems with it. It does have a minimum range now, so maybe they are too close?

I would also like the targeting to be a bit better, but currently there is no way for anyone to tell a turret what to shoot at. There is no mod API for that command.

If I completely changed the mod and wrote my own targeting routine, created my own projectile, stopped the artillery from using the turret subtype so I could rotate it with another script, and then forced the projectile to go where the targeting routine was pointing to, THEN I could make it aim where I want. To be perfectly honest, its too much work.

Also I have a new version in the works with some minor code cleanup and some damage buffs, but its not ready yet and I have tons of real-life work getting in the way. I was also trying to fix a small problem with the accuracy, but it looks like the API is bugged so I will have to release the newer version without it when I get some time off.

7 years ago

In my game it's only firing at range 30 although there is nothing there. It seems to be targeting something in the correct range though.

New response