Arc Reactor

Mod that allows a player to build a compact arc reactor that can power a small factory

Content
6 years ago
Power

g Great mod

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

I know I am a little late to finding this mod, but I think it solves a small problem I was having. I am building a personal mod pack but I hate having resources that have no use especially when the devs took the time to put them in for us. I put in advanced electric to have some serious end game power solution to work towards which would completely negate or waste any uranium or nuclear option aside from weaponry. This mod would give me a reason to at least still run a reactor just to get spent cells to make these for the Arc Reactors.

Just built my first one on sandbox world to test its actual performance and see how it actually works. It has a liquid inside that hovers between 9.8 and 9.9 at full power drain and 10 at idle. Clearly has MUCH more room for more fluid inside. There seems to be no interactivity with it so passive like a solar panel, yet the tooltip that pops up on the side has an indicator that there might be a future aspect for fluid drain?

Any comments or anything you can tell us about the mod currently? Is there a way to make it more efficient by adding more of the fluid "deut"? Sorry can't remember how to spell the full name. So far loving it and the fact it's hard as nails to get resources to build until much later makes it way more fun for me.

6 years ago

I didn't make this mod - just tweaked it and updated it, but from what I can tell it have a scripts that refills reactor with hot 500º deuterium once it drops below 10 units. Otherwise reactor technically runs just like any steam turbine/engine - it uses up heated liquid to generate energy.

New response