Arborist


Plant and grow trees! Craft tree saplings from wood and throw them to plant real trees. Perfect for reforestation, pollution reduction, and renewable wood farming. Trees adapt to biomes - green trees on grass, red/brown trees in deserts. Replant your factory's forests! No research required. Just look for the Tree Sapling recipe in your Crafting menu, craft as many saplings as you want, and then throw them onto the ground to plant.

Tweaks
8 months ago
2.0
947
Environment

g Cost is a little skewed

2 months ago
(updated 2 months ago)

I like the idea of this mod. I have two issue with it. 1) It costs more to create a sapling than you get from cutting down a tree; 4 from downing, 5 to craft. 2) Not sure if this a fixable issue or not, but when you go to toss to plant, if you right rlick an invalid spot, it still costs the sapling.

2 months ago

I'm working on an updated version of this mod, and considered your request. However, in testing, no matter what settings I chose other than 4 from downing and 4 to craft, could lead to either depletion of your wood or a free wood generator. In mods where the Ag tower can accept modules, prod modules do work. That gives a reasonable tradeoff in my mind, in that you have to invest in the Ag tower, and the prod modules to gain slightly more wood output than you put in.

15 days ago
(updated 15 days ago)

Thank you for the time and effort you put into making this mod.

Please make it so that the number of wood required to make a sapling is an option in the mod settings.

I was expecting the mod to do what you say in the mod description

"Perfect for reforestation, ... renewable wood farming ... craft as many saplings as you want,"

I am very confused to see you here saying

"could lead to... a free wood generator."

Or maybe change the description of the mod so it doesn't mislead with terms like "farming", "renewable", "reforestation" and "as many saplings as you want,"

15 days ago

@SantoAntonio You are replying to me, and I'm not the author of the mod. I'm working on an updated version of my own.

That said, to resolve your confusion, answer this question: What setting do you suggest, and how does that setting avoid creating wood for free?

14 days ago

Ah, very sorry, my mistake.

Being able to choose both:
- number of wood from downing
- number of wood to craft

Maybe limited to between 1 to 11?

I could put it as 11 from downing and 10 to craft, so that I have to chop down 10 trees to get enough extra wood to make 1 more new tree.

New response