Alien Loot Rebalanced

by ptx0

Reworked version of the 'Alien Loot Economy' mod, using new textures, icons and rebalanced items, and updated for v1.1 by ptx0.

3 years ago

i Compatibility with Krastorio 2

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hi, thanks for the interesting mod!

Have you considered adjusting solar accumulator values when used together with Krastorio 2? In K2 the vanilla accumulator has the same parameters as the alien one (10 MJ / 600 kW), so instead of an upgrade, the alien accumulator becomes a (more expensive!) duplicate.

3 years ago

can you give me your suggested values with K2? I've already got some kind of compatibility for Bob's modules.

3 years ago

Well, with vanilla accumulator, alien accumulator has double the power & capacity, which would make it 20 MJ / 1.2 MW with K2. Although I don't have any experience with game balancing so I'm not sure how cheaty that would be. A 50% increase to 15 MJ / 900 kW could be a more balanced alternative.

3 years ago

the whole mod is cheaty really, - it's meant to be used as a healthy reward to enduring a death world. Bob's highest tier accumulators are around that 20/1.2 mark so I'll just make them that.

3 years ago

i might not get around to it today but feel free to deploy the accumulators and they'll be improved later with the new stats.

3 years ago

OK, thanks!

3 years ago

should be released now. please let me know if it's alright.

3 years ago

I tried it, but it still shows the old values. Maybe the problem is that I also have Clockwork mod that increases day/night time and multiplies the battery capacity accordingly?

Also, what about the solar panel? The vanilla one is 100 kW, and the alien one only 120 kW, which makes it a very small upgrade (especially compared to the difference in accumulators). Maybe that should be raised to 200 kW as well?

3 years ago

I'm going to look into this soon because I've started a K2 playthrough.

2 years ago

define soon :)

2 years ago

"soon" typically means "next time someone complains" :D

New response