The Free Energy Promise

When you don't know what to do with all those extra alien artifacts Adds a fuel value to Alien Artifacts so they can be used in Cars, Trains, Boilers etc Artifacts produce 50MJ also compatable with Bobs Enemies MOD small Artifacts produce 1.5MJ

Content
7 years ago
Power

i Fuel Value?

7 years ago

It would be helpful if you put the fuel value of the artifacts in the description.

7 years ago

until author updates descr.:

ALIEN_ARTIFACT_FUEL_VALUE = "500MJ"
SMALL_ARTIFACT_FUEL_VALUE = "20MJ"

can be configured in config.lua

btw: its WAY to much! small ones should have 1 or 2, normal ones around 100/200

7 years ago

Thanks, I always forget something :P

what about if I make the small ones 2Mj and the big ones 50 Mj or do you think 1Mj and 25 Mj would be better?

The reason for the 25:1 big:small ratio is because bob has decided that 25 small can be made into one big.

Thankyou for the feed back will do this now :)

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

u forgot, that "natural evolution" also brings small alien artifacts, that can be assembled to a normal one in a ratio 100:1 or 200:1 (depends on difficulty settings).
also i dont think that using the same ratio as the convertion does, would be applicable to the fuel value, cause of 3 reasons:
- it needs energy / effort to convert them
- it needs effort to use 1000 small ones instead of 40 normal
- vanilla solidfuel has 25MJ and converts 20:1 to rocket fuel (225MJ)

so i think since its a cheap energy-source, you should really stay at 1MJ / 20MJ for bobs and 1MJ / 90MJ for natural evolution (since enemy fighting is much harder here and u usually dont have other bobs-upgrades for making life / fighting easier).

When u have any chance to read the "NE"-difficulty, u could also apply a 1MJ / 180MJ ratio for the hard mode.

<Edit>: another reason those things should NOT be overpowered is simply that it woult totally eleminate the NEED of oil to run big factories energy supply. Until that is what u were looking for, IMHO u should more likely try to fill a gap instead of unbalancing the game too much. </EDIT>

personally i do use atomic power for energy(totally relying on oil), so there is just some need for fuel my trains.
Making energy / fuel value TOO cheap might totally unbalance other mods one wants to use in addition.
Sure, i can / WILL edit the config on my own. just wanted to share my thoughts about default balancing ;)

7 years ago

I was unaware of the Natural Evolution MOD thanks for the update.

Most of the time I just chuck figures in and see how it goes, hence the main reason that I include the config file.

As only time will tell if they are set right and alterations are always required.

Anyway thankyou for your feedback, it is much appreciated and I will continue to make changes on request :)

New response