Aircaft Drones

Death from above! Build autonomous flying drones and launch airstrikes on those pesky bugs.

17 days ago
1.0 - 1.1

b Incompatibility with Construction Drones mod

3 years ago

Game is crashing every time I try to use the Airstrike Targeter.
I built the runway setup identical to your screenshots, and could not get the signal to output green. After tearing it all down and rebuilding manually (used bots the first time) the runway outputs a green signal. Using the Airstrike Targeter now crashing the game every time. I am using Krastorio 2.
This mod looks so cool! This is killing me.
Bug report follows.

The mod Aircaft Drones (1.2.1) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event AircraftDrones::on_tick (ID 0)
LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid.
stack traceback:
AircraftDrones/plane_controller.lua:671: in function 'get_closest_free_hangar'
AircraftDrones/plane_controller.lua:8: in function 'manage_targets'
AircraftDrones/control.lua:373: in function <AircraftDrones/control.lua:359>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'index'
__AircraftDrones
/plane_controller.lua:671: in function 'get_closest_free_hangar'
AircraftDrones/plane_controller.lua:8: in function 'manage_targets'
AircraftDrones/control.lua:373: in function <AircraftDrones/control.lua:359>

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Something went wrong during the building or removal of one of your hangars. I don't know what, you should be able to build/remove all buildings manually or by robots without problems...

Update to version 1.2.2, here I included a console command that hopefully should fix this. It is: AircraftDronesCleanup
See the section Trouble Shooting in the in-game wiki for more information (-> you need to install booktorio to get it)

3 years ago

Thanks, man! Quick response and it works like a charm. This is a great mod.

3 years ago

So, I'm using the Construction Drones mod. Those were the bots I meant. I can't say I've confirmed this, but it seems like if the construction drone places the Hangar then it doesn't get read by your mod. Running the command shows no hangars in the world. If I pick it up and place it manually then run your new command, the hangar will show up. Only then will the runway output the green signal. Not sure why it broke so bad before, but all three runways and 2 hangars were saying invalid. That was after replacing that blueprint for an hour, though. I just found that interesting and thanks again for the fix!

3 years ago

Yep - that's definitely it. I can reproduce that, buildings which are build by the Construction Drones are handled differently by the game scripts than buildings build by hand or by robot.

I may be able to fix this, but I have to find out if that would have any negative implications. For now this means: Aircraft Drones don't like Construction Drones :)

3 years ago

Might be worth mentioning this to Klonan in the Construction Drones mod.

Similar issues have come up before and been fixed.

New response