Aircaft Drones

Death from above! Build autonomous flying drones and launch airstrikes on those pesky bugs.

17 days ago
1.0 - 1.1

i Targeting as capsule

3 years ago

You should make the targeting device a capsule or a selection tool, otherwise you cant launch attacks on massiv bases, without them you noticing.

3 years ago

Works for me. I can place targets in biter bases without a reactions from the biters.

3 years ago

Yea, but not with vanilla range. With vanilla range you cant even reach near them to build the targeting

3 years ago

And in the end, with a selection tool set to enemy/bases you can let the player select all bases and then just take them as targets ;)

3 years ago

Hm, okay. I didn't consider anybody playing with vanilla range ;)

3 years ago

I do like the mod, but i feel it should work like the artillery targeting remote (manual artillery mode) where you can select the target in the map.

3 years ago

Yeah, but I think the artillery remote is something hard-coded in the base game code, it's not usable via the API.
And a capsule or a selection tool don't work on the map at all (afaik).

So if I see this all correct I've choosen the least worst option: with the current tool AND a long reach mod you can target anywhere on the world surface, and on the map you can at least target on the highest zoom level if you have radar sight...

3 years ago

Check out the Ion Cannon mod to see how they do targeting.

3 years ago

I think the ION Cannon targeter is the same, it's also a buildable entity. If I remember correct, you also can't target ION strikes outside of radar visibility...

3 years ago

Ok, I'm getting somewhere...

I think I am able to make a targeter like the artillery remote, which is usable everywhere and even shows you the number of available drones in airports in range: https://imgur.com/2hIlbbY.jpg

Still lots of things to fine tune though...

3 years ago

I am almost finished changing the targeter into a remote like for the artillery. This has a few upsides (place targets everywhere, see how many drones you have ready for bombing missions in the targeter item), but it also has a few downsides:
1. If you don't have any drones available you are not able to place targets (and the message will say: no artillery in range)
2. On the map you'll see the range where you can launch airstrikes, just the same as you see the range where you can launch artillery strikes (if you've turned turret coverage on). But:
a) There is no visible difference between the two radiuses.
b) The two remotes (vanilla artillery remote and airstrike targeter remote) don't separate between the two different types. That means with either remote you will see both range circles in the map view.
c) If the range for airstrikes is unlimited, the whole map view just will be red when you hold any of the remotes.

See this screenshot for example: https://imgur.com/DKpoCxy.jpg

The airstrike range here is 1000 btw.

The problems of point 2 are purely cosmetical, the actual targeting of artillery and airstrikes is only possible in the respective ranges. But I still think the map view issues are kind of a dealbreaker here.
What do you guys think?

3 years ago

I think that looks really good.

It's not like you can tell the difference between different types of turrets by map view, and the radiuses are going to be completely different almost all the time.

3 years ago

New version is out, manual airstrike targeting works like artillery targeting now. You can switch back in the settings if you don't like it...
Also the flare is a throwable capsule now.

3 years ago

Perfect :D

Absolutely perfect :)

And you can still make a permenant flare by refueling on that you placed :D

(Now I need to go bug the Mushroom Cloud dev to support this)

New response