Advanced Personal Defense

by AutoMcD

Adds personal laser turret Mk2 and a personal defense turret which uses ammo instead of energy.

Content
7 years ago
0.13 - 0.14
Combat

i Balance

7 years ago

Before .13 update I was considering increasing the laser damage, and decreasing the energy buffer. I still need to do a proper .13 playthrough before tweaking things to get a better feel for it (especially with the battery tweak).

Please leave feedback if you have an opinion on the matter. :)

Also I'm working on an armor plating bit and hopefully movement modifier because I think these things should be heavy.

7 years ago

Updated.
Gun now returns unused ammo to inventory when removed from armor.
Costs reduced a little.
Added armor research requirement to gun because it's relevant.

Currently the enhanced laser is almost not needed, I'm having such an easy time clearing bases with the flame thrower, in addition to the battery+shield buff. So I will not be increasing the stats on it (as I was considering previously). 1 reactor and 2 batts can easily power 4 of these, casually stroll through spawn camps.

The gun on the other hand, VERY useful for early/mid game. It burns through ammo too quickly to rely on it, still should use flamer for the heavy lifting. But it's pretty great. 2 of them in modular armor keeps you plenty safe.

Still have to test multiplayer.

7 years ago

Something I just noticed. The Mk1/vanilla Personal Laser Defense is affected by the laser tower damage/speed upgrades while your Mk2 one is not,so the Mk1 ends up being better then your Mk2 PLD once you get all those upgrades researched. Any chance you could look into that?

New response