Advanced Machines

Adds many advanced versions of machines such as the Electric Furnace, Crafting Machine, Processing Plant, Oil Refinery, Beacon, And also MK4 and MK5 Modules including a God Module The God Module has the perks of all Modules and it can be MK1-5.

Content
5 years ago
0.14 - 0.17
Manufacturing

b advanced-electic-furnace

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

I like you mod when I was using .15. When I found you update for .16, I download the mod. When I tried to load the game, it cause an error preventing to load. This is the error message:

Failed to load mods: Error while loading entity prototype "advanced-electric-furnace" (furnace):Key "icon_size" not found in property tree at ROOT.furnace.advanced-electric-furnace
Modifications: Advanced Machine

Mods to be disabled:
. Advanced_Machines

6 years ago

+1

Temporary workaround: install the Add Icon Size mod (https://mods.factorio.com/mods/darkfrei/_IconSize)

6 years ago

Thank you very much.

6 years ago

Sadly that doesn't work for me, now the Mod wants Alien Science Packs for the Advanced Beacons and both Mods need to be deactivated.

6 years ago

Failed to load mods: Error while loading entity prototype "advanced-electric-furnace" (furnace):Key "icon_size" not found in property tree at ROOT.furnace.advanced-electric-furnace
Modifications: Advanced Machine

6 years ago

I've mostly fixed this issue, though it's hacky and really poorly done in general. It was 3 main steps:
Extracting the mod into its own folder to work with the \prototypes*.lua files.
I went through the files. In all of them except technologies.lua, wherever an icon was listed, like for example, icon = "Advanced_Machines/graphics/icons/advanced-electric-furnace-icon.png", I added on the next line below it: " icon_size = 32," (without quotation marks.) In technologies.lua, I changed icon_size to 128.
I then went through the recipes, and resolved the Alien artifact issue, by just deleting any mention of Alien science packs in technology.lua, and in recipes.lua, removed any reference for alien artifacts.
Lastly, I went back to entities.lua, and "fixed" Voldkost's issue by removing the section labeled "working_visualisations = " as it was causing that issue he has screenshotted. This means the advanced chemical plant doesn't do any fancy animations, but at least the mod somewhat works.

Was any of this worth it? Who knows anymore, man.

Dawolf, please fix your mod.

6 years ago

вложите рабочий вариант

6 years ago

still no update? that's really sad. i like that mod a lot but it's still broken. is anybody willing to fix the mod on their own and maybe upload the fixed version here as long as DaWolf hasn't updated his mod? (of course you should give DaWolf all the credits..)

6 years ago
6 years ago

anyone able to re-upload the fixed file possibly to a new host...

5 years ago
5 years ago

Hey guys I know it has been over a year but i have been going through some stuff with school, work, Lack of motivation and knowledge, .etc but i'm finally back at it and I thank you all for your support there will be frequent updates as soon as I revive my laptop back from repairs (P.S. I hate geek squad) It should be about a week and then I am back in school and steady updates will come look forward to the graphical update I am trying to get in touch with Angle and ask him for some help with future updates.

Sincerly
- DWolf0_o

5 years ago

Nothing new yet?

New response