Advanced Artillery Remotes Continued

by azaghal

Adds two Advanced Artillery Remotes to the game. Artillery Cluster Remote targets nearby spawners and worms and lays down a carpet of artillery fire against them. Artillery Discovery Remote fires artillery rounds in an arc to assist in map exploration.

Content
1 year, 3 months ago
Combat

b [FIXED] Artillery discover not working with Heroes Turrets artillery

1 year, 8 months ago

Hi,
As stated in the tittle, the discovery is miss working when you also use heroes turrets and your artillery turrets upgrade. The name is no more recognized by the script so the discovery center is fucked up leading to weird stuff. Now I know why (name not in the script), I can go around that but if you can fix it it would be perfect. (I've tried to check for the artillery name with upgrade but heroes turrets use script and I don't understand most of it so I couldn't do the modification myself).
have a nice day and thanks for the mod

1 year, 8 months ago

Hello Teneombre,

Thanks for reporting the bug, I was able to reproduce it :)

This shouldn't be too hard to fix, but I'll just need to think a little bit about how to handle searching for eligible artillery turrets. I could search based on type instead of name, but that could have a somewhat bad side-effect of maybe using wrong type (nuclear, for example) of artillery turrets for exploration purposes etc. Might end-up simply "white-listing" the specific turrets from this mod, or perhaps making it configurable what turrets to use.

Best regards,
Branko

1 year, 7 months ago

Thanks! Right now I'm using a close-by artillery turret without ammo (so without level up) to have the right center. For people who have the same problem and need a quit work around :)

1 year, 7 months ago

Ok, thank you for mentioning a work-around, and sorry for not being a bit more responsive, just got some private stuff going on :)

I'll try to get some fix out before the weekend hits - it's really not a big change code-wise :)

1 year, 7 months ago

No problem. I was away of the computer too :)

1 year, 7 months ago

Ok, there's a new release out that should include a fix for this one - the turret types are now looked up dynamically, so as long as an artillery turret can shoot an artillery shell, it will get detected by the mod.

Just try it out and let me know if it works correctly now for you :)

1 year, 7 months ago

Will do that today or tomorrow if that's ok for you. I'm back at work rightnow TT

1 year, 7 months ago

Problem indeed solved :)

1 year, 7 months ago

Great, thank you once again for reporting the issue. I'll mark the topic as fixed and lock it up :)

Best regards,
Branko

This thread has been locked.