Advanced Artillery Remotes Continued

by azaghal

Adds two Advanced Artillery Remotes to the game. Artillery Cluster Remote targets nearby spawners and worms and lays down a carpet of artillery fire against them. Artillery Discovery Remote fires artillery rounds in an arc to assist in map exploration.

Content
1 year, 3 months ago
Combat

i [DONE] Add option to target ground with remote

1 year, 9 months ago

Can you please add back option to use artillery remote also for ground targeting? Single tool for multiple use cases = great.

I don't want to carry multiple types of artillery remotes for different purposes. If I target worm or a nest, I want it to clear all nests and worms in area, and if I target ground, I want that anything that is there, is there no more.

After latest update I can no longer target ground and kill groups of biters, or destroy my own buildings. I'd prefer not to carry normal remote just for ground targeting.

1 year, 9 months ago

Hello there,

I've added a per-player option (it is off by default) to enable fallback to firing of a single artillery round using the cluster remote. When the option is enabled, the cluster remote will just fire off a single round if no matching targets (nests/worms) are found in vicinity.

Should be quite close to vanilla remote behaviour - the targeted spot is still excluded if the remote ends-up targeting nests or worms.

Best regards,
Branko

1 year, 9 months ago

Thanks!

Now I can target biters, trees, my friends, all kinds of things again :)
https://katiska.dy.fi/n/temp/factorio/mods/advanced-artillery-remote.mp4

1 year, 9 months ago

Haha, you're welcome :D

Best regards :)

This thread has been locked.