Advanced Artillery Remotes Continued

by azaghal

Adds two Advanced Artillery Remotes to the game. Artillery Cluster Remote targets nearby spawners and worms and lays down a carpet of artillery fire against them. Artillery Discovery Remote fires artillery rounds in an arc to assist in map exploration.

Content
1 year, 3 months ago
Combat

b [FIXED] Cluster remote non-functional

2 years ago

For me the discovery remote works as advertised, but the cluster remote just fires a single shell.

I have a bunch of mods installed, but even after disabling all those affecting spawners (according to the game), the cluster mode still won't target spawners.

2 years ago

Sorry for a bit of a late reply. I will try to have a look at it. Can you let me know what version of Factorio you are using exactly?

2 years ago

On my side it all seems to work well (tm).

Factorio versions tested:

Additional enabled mods (this is just for convenience):

• creative-mod_1.7.2.zip
  • flib_0.7.0.zip
  • QuickItemSearch_1.5.15.zip

Are you sure that you are using the correct remote?

Perhaps you are misunderstanding what the cluster remote does - it does not cause artillery to fire multiple shots at the same time, it merely creates a bunch of targets for the artillery, which fires in sequence (multiple artillery units should fire at the same time if within range, of course).

2 years ago

Factorio version 1.1.35. Yes, I understand what it is supposed to do (I also tested this mod to the same effect).

I have quite a large mod list (something like 100) so presumably an incompatibility; I removed all those affecting spawners (according to the notes that show in the game or anything I thought likely) but probably something else is the issue. Will have to test further.

2 years ago

Hey, have you had any chance to figure out what combination of mods broke this for you? Could you maybe post the list of mods you are using here?

2 years ago

I just tried removing all mods other than this one and base, and it still didn't work.

At a guess, the problem may be force="enemy": I have been using the Biter Factions mod.

1 year, 9 months ago

This might be a bit too late for you, but in case you are still playing Factorio and using this mod, I have looked into this issue again, and a fix is on the way that will address targeting of spawners/worms of any enemy force. Probably going to release new version within a day or two, depending on how many other changes I decide to make in this first go. :)

1 year, 9 months ago

And now it's released, and hopefully it has fixed the issue without introducing additional problems :)

This thread has been locked.