Advanced Solar HR

by LsHallo

Adds higher tiers of solar panels and accumulators. (Default production multiplier *10, *100, *1000. Configurable). Makes space efficient solar farms viable and reduces the hassle to place as many panels.

Content
3 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Power

i [DONE] Add settings for recipes

1 year, 5 months ago
(updated 1 year, 5 months ago)

Hello,

By default, the mod has a multiplier of 10 between each tier (*10, *100, *1000) with settings to configure these values. However, changing these multipliers will result in strange recipes. Indeed, with a *4 multiplier between each tier (*4, *16, *64), the cost are:
- Advanced: 5 basic (a bit more expensive for the surface gain, all good)
- Elite: 3 advanced (it is less expensive than the corresponding power with 4 Advanced?)
- Ultimate: 5 elite (less expensive than with the default settings, where 15 elite were needed for a power output of 10)

This is due to the formula used to compute the recipes: instead of using the multiplier between a tier and the next one, it divides the multiplier by 10 (resp. 100) for elite (resp. ultimate) before adding an additional cost (1 for advanced, 2 for elite, 5 for ultimate).

Is it possible to either:
1. Compute automatically the cost based on multiplier for previous tier. Therefore, Elite cost is eliteMultiplier / advancedMultplier + 2 instead of eliteMultiplier / 10 + 2 and Ultimate cost is ultimateMultiplier / eliteMultplier + 5 instead of ultimateMultiplier / 100 + 5. However, such a change can impact users who changed the default settings.
2. Add new settings to manually set the cost of each recipe.

In all this post, when I mentioned the cost of a recipe, it was always the cost in item of the previous tier. The fixed cost (5 steel and 5 electronic circuit for Advanced solar panel for example) should not be updated.

1 year, 5 months ago
(updated 1 year, 5 months ago)

Thank you for raising this with me. I have not exhaustively tested multipliers and have not thought too much about the cost of the recipes. Your points are valid and I think we should update the recipe cost even if it might break some things for already existing production lines. Adding more settings is just tedious and might get confusing at some point. I could add a more global recipe cost modifier that multiplies the requirements x1.5, x2 and maybe x5 if you're extreme :D The higher tiers should not get cheaper. You are already saving on space it should naturally cost a bit more.

10 months ago

Hello,
I have addressed this in 0.6.11 release.
Now when you use 20, 200, 2000 as multipliers you will have 21 solar panel for 1 advanced, 12 advanced for one elite, 15 elite for one ultimate panel.
This should be as you expect.

7 months ago
(updated 7 months ago)

Hello, I just tested it and it works as expected, thanks for this modification

New response