Advanced Solar HR

by LsHallo

Adds higher tiers of solar panels and accumulators. (Default production multiplier *10, *100, *1000. Configurable). Makes space efficient solar farms viable and reduces the hassle to place as many panels.

Content
3 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Power

g Power Multipliers and how to Abuse them.

3 years ago

First of all - absolutely love the mod and it flexibility with power multipliers.
Sadly, they can be easily exploited, simply by peeking into production cost calculations and spending 5 minutes in Excel.
Since power multipliers are configurable, but denominators that affect material cost of production are constant, it is possible to produce ultimate tier of the Panels/Accumulators as cheap as ~6-7% of the cost of the equivalent number of vanilla panels/accumulators (if we count power wise). All you need to do is set power multipliers of Advanced tier to 1, and of Elite tier to 10.

This problem can be solved either by setting minimum value for those fields in options or by redoing the cost calculation by adding previous tier multipliers as denominator.

3 years ago

Yes you have a valid point, but I don't think I need to change anything.
It's your game. If you want to have worry free power production by just placing ultimates everywhere than that's your way to play. That you can make them cheap AF is a problem, but everyone individually has to decide whether they want to play like that or not. I don't want to limit the capabilities of the settings to fix that "exploit" especially since the server dictates theses settings should you be playing on one, so no individual can go in and just churn out ultimates.

New response