Advanced Solar HR

by LsHallo

Adds higher tiers of solar panels and accumulators. (Default production multiplier *10, *100, *1000. Configurable). Makes space efficient solar farms viable and reduces the hassle to place as many panels.

Content
3 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Power

i [HELP WANTED] New Sizes

3 years ago

Like the concept and looking forward to maybe doing more with it now that you can shut off tiers (never had a need for that much power from a solar field the way I've been playing, but the first or second their could be good...and who knows, maybe I end up using the top tier after all.)

Something I have been looking for though and can't find is smaller panels and accumulators rather than higher power...instead of the 3x3 and 2x2 grid size, maybe a 2x2 (or even a 1x1) array and a 1x1 accumulator. Logically I could see these unlocking as higher tier full size panels are unlocked. (Tech gets smaller/more efficient to make more power from the normal size meaning you can also make the same power from a smaller panel.) I've been playing with some ideas unsuccessfully (not much of a graphic designer or Lua programmer) and it seems like something that could fit with your mod so putting it out there as an idea.

Thanks

3 years ago

I like the idea but I'm terrible with graphics myself. I can't really see how i could smaller panels other than just scaling the existing ones which would look kinda terrible.
2x2 Panels would however unlock some nice blueprints since they are the same size as accumulators..
Putting this on hold until I get some Idea on how to acquire the graphics.

3 years ago

I understand the problem. That's about the graphics skill level I have too, and I didn't have much success. I look forward to seeing if/what you eventually manage. On a personal side note, I'm more interested in the smaller accumulators than the smaller solar panels. There are lots of space related reasons for both, but the personal driving factor is I have some wind turbines (KS Power mod) powering single objects in remote/space constrained locations and I'm looking for a corresponding small accumulator to smooth out the power fluctuations from the variable wind speeds.

3 years ago

I you know anyone who would be able to do some graphics or want to try yourself. Please head over to the github and see the issue there to conribute.

New response