Adds more turrets and shells.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Combat

b The module failed to load

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

mod load err:...urret-updated__/prototypes/technology-turret-upgrade.lua:157:attempt to index field 'laser-turret-speed-1'(a nil value )
stack traceback:
...urret-updated__/prototypes/technology-turret-upgrade.lua:157:in main chunk
[C]:in function 'require'
Additional-Turret-updated/data.lua:19:in main chunk

3 years ago

can confirm...same thing

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Dev is idiot and left a whole bunch of fatal errors in their code. Might be errors from porting, might be silliness, why was this uploaded in this state when a literal modding beginner can one-by-one fix these in a few minutes.
That error you're looking at is caused by the dev calling the laser firing speed researches 'laser-turret-speed-#' instead of 'laser-shooting-speed-#'
The next fatal error after that one will concern the Beam Turret MK1. It's set as a 'Railgun' instead of a 'Laser' which isn't a real weapon type. It also might have a nonexistent beam sprite, but I'll cross that bridge when the module loads.
The NEXT fatal error is that the Advanced Laser is set as a 'laser_turret' instead of 'laser' again. I get the feeling this will be a running theme...
Feeling was correct. The Mark 2 Beam Turret is set as 'laser-turret' AGAIN.
Now all the laser researches are set to target 'Railgun.' Is this a 1.0 thing, or...
Now the turret unlock researches have the prerequisite 'turrets' not 'gun-turret' like it's supposed to be.
Hey, it starts! Finally, that's only... six fatal errors? Who knows what glitches I'll find now that the module starts.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

in [...urret-updated__/prototypes/technology-turret-upgrade.lua:157] is this:
table.insert(data.raw.technology["laser-turret-speed-1"].effects,{type = "gun-speed", ammo_category = "railgun",modifier = 0.1})
After I changed as you said, there was a new error:

mod load err:Error in assignID:ammo-category with name 'railgun' does not exist.
Source:at-beam-mk1(electric-turret)

3 years ago

in [...urret-updated__/prototypes/technology-turret-upgrade.lua:157] is this:
table.insert(data.raw.technology["laser-turret-speed-1"].effects,{type = "gun-speed", ammo_category = "railgun",modifier = 0.1})
After I changed as you said, there was a new error:

mod load err:Error in assignID:ammo-category with name 'railgun' does not exist.
Source:at-beam-mk1(electric-turret)

I think it's best to wait for the author to update.

That's the second error. It's set to 'Railgun' and not 'Laser.'
Fix all six, and you can actually start a game with it.

3 years ago

Expect you to fix it

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Dev is idiot and left a whole bunch of fatal errors in their code. Might be errors from porting, might be silliness, why was this uploaded in this state when a literal modding beginner can one-by-one fix these in a few minutes.
That error you're looking at is caused by the dev calling the laser firing speed researches 'laser-turret-speed-#' instead of 'laser-shooting-speed-#'
The next fatal error after that one will concern the Beam Turret MK1. It's set as a 'Railgun' instead of a 'Laser' which isn't a real weapon type. It also might have a nonexistent beam sprite, but I'll cross that bridge when the module loads.
The NEXT fatal error is that the Advanced Laser is set as a 'laser_turret' instead of 'laser' again. I get the feeling this will be a running theme...
Feeling was correct. The Mark 2 Beam Turret is set as 'laser-turret' AGAIN.
Now all the laser researches are set to target 'Railgun.' Is this a 1.0 thing, or...
Now the turret unlock researches have the prerequisite 'turrets' not 'gun-turret' like it's supposed to be.
Hey, it starts! Finally, that's only... six fatal errors? Who knows what glitches I'll find now that the module starts.

I only ported the old mod and fixed small bugs and a friend of mine rewrote a small part of the code
But unfortunately I can't be an idiot because I haven't changed anything on this file that is from the old developer
We also haven't figured out why the artillery doesn't fire automatically since only the experimental artillery works
Normal artillery should normally fire automatically

3 years ago

Darknova, don't worrie about this dude, thanks for porting the mod since the original is left in the dust.

3 years ago

Darknova, don't worrie about this dude, thanks for porting the mod since the original is left in the dust.

Porting the mod does not help if the mod no longer works with Factorio 1.1

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Porting the mod does not help if the mod no longer works with Factorio 1.1

It does, don't worry.
Fix the six typos in the code, and functions perfectly fine thus far... though I don't like how many things say they've been modified by the mod.
The only reason you are idiot is because it literally takes less then half an hour to debug the mod into a playable state, which you decided not to before uploading.

3 years ago

I hope the Problem is fixed
I habe test it at Factorio 1.1.6 standalone
Only the Capsule Flower is currently not working
He is delete the capsule in the Chest
A friend of mine will probably check it out in the next few days

New response