Additional turrets

Adds more turrets and shells.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Combat

g Fix for 18.22

3 years ago

In 18.22 support for ConsumingType: "script-only" was removed.
To fix the mod (or any mod with this issue afaik), one needs to do the following:

0) Be sure Factorio is NOT running if the mod is enabled or you will get a write error
1) Open the additional turrets zip file (7zip works best in my experience)
2) Open the file named data.lua
3) Go to line 108 (I highly recommend notepad++ it gives you line numbers and is amazing for other reasons)
4) Change the line to consuming = "none" instead of consuming = "script-only"
5) Save the file and then be sure to close it out.
6) Switch back to 7zip IMPORTANT it should ask you if you want to update files in the archive. Click yes.
7) Re-enable the mod and it should work now.
I have not had time to test how this works for gameplay. The only other option that you can enter for consuming is "game-only" but from what I have read most people are saying to use "none". This should work to fix any other mod with the same error, it is just a matter of finding where the author put the line in question in their files.
Alternatively, You can extract the contents of a broken mod into a new folder and use notepad++'s "find in files" feature in that new folder to instantly locate it, automatically fix it, and then simply re-zip the fixed version.

3 years ago

you can also just use old-school notepad. its a little more hit and miss, but not too terrible

3 years ago

Since I only ported this mod I don't really know the scripts now but I'll talk to someone who helped me with the ported mods

3 years ago

Im running Factorio from inside steam so what method would i use to find these things? I've searched the normal ways in how, but haven't found a mod folder or anything. the error seems to say grenade thrower ammo is missing a script or something like that, ill try to find and send it to this post.

New response