10x Harder

by withers

Makes the game 10x harder and more.

Tweaks
6 years ago
0.14 - 0.15

i Feedback?

7 years ago

I'd be really interested in feedback on this mod? Is it too long? Any issues? Able to keep up with biter evolution? Are you trying it along with my "wear and tear" mod.

I've been playing a long game using both and it's the best factorio experience I've had yet! (In my humble and biased opinion). Although it does take a bit of grind at in the early game. I'm think of adding an accelerated start option.

7 years ago

I would play without Angels Mods but with your 10x harder. The Game did not start. Only with Angels it will start. I will play only with bobs ;-)
If i start with Angels i can see, that you have some Assembler an other Machines have the new Items from you ....but other Items haven´t use them. I Think all Machines have to became the new Items, not a few of all Maschines.
The Slag machins havent´t them ...the Ore Crusher have them ...

Sorry about my Englisch. It is not so good. I hope you understand what i mean :D

7 years ago

I just fixed the problem with it not working unless Angels is installed. It's supposed to work with any mods.

Machinery are currently replacing gears. At some point I plan on adding more stuff like machinery, like some sort of piping equipment to replace pipe. Between gears and pipe, it should cover everything I believe.

Currently focused on my other mod, Wear and Tear, though.

Thanks for the bug report.

6 years ago

Halfway through a mostly vanilla game with your mod, and I like it so far. Marathon mod mostly inflated plates and I found that weird. Yours makes the big structures more expensive, which makes more sense to me.

I think it would be nice to start with maybe 4 burner mining drills or so, as it takes rather long to start your economy with just the one, as you also need to mine rather large amounts of stone.

Also, maybe reduce the wood cost of basic electric poles. I got a good start surrounded by forests, but I cut half of them down just for electric poles. If I had started in a desert, I would have had to add greenhouse mod or something to make do.

6 years ago

Thanks for feedback. I've made a bunch of tweaks in latest update but have lost track of all the changes since I haven't uploaded in a long time. lol

New response