Alien Analysis

Allows alien artifacts to be crafted through the analysis of samples (intended for use on peaceful maps)

7 years ago

b Can not see Analyser in crafting area but is there for Logistic Robots

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

hi i wanted to try out this mod, with my existing game, to try and utilise some spare resources for some extra science packs, but something isnt working properly for me.

my full modlist can be found here, in case it helps:
https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=40288&start=20#p290320
(plus your alien analysis mod, and a crashlandings one)

it looks like the analyser technology unlocks with Alien research, and my current game already has that unlocked, but as with most mods, it shows the entity in the research screen with some yellow text, that says the name of your mod item, but also shows it as being related to angels refining?

i loaded up an older save, to a point where i was just about to unlock the Alien research, and then once it unlocked, the Analyser entity appeared in the production crafting tab.
(i didnt try to build one as that save was quite old and i was very low on stuff but it seemed to work ok)

the problem i have is that my save game is much later now, and am trying to do the spacex mod which needs tons of research lol :)
is there any way to help me find a way to make it unlock, and is this possibly not a bug, but something to do with needing a migration file or something to allow the technology to be fully unlocked, if the alien tech is already researched (or maybe an extra brand new tech tree item to unlock)?

6 years ago

Hi am not sure if you see messages here as some other modders mention that there is no notification, but in case you or others see this, i also posted a message on angels feedback back, with some screenshots too in case useful:

https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=185&t=19652&p=290901#p290901

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

btw i managed to fix that Analyser issue, by editing a file to set "enabled = true," for the entity and the recipes (since it looks like it just wasnt able to unlock them, if the technology in an existing game was already unlocked, so no more issues there.

It works pretty well, and i noticed that we get 1 Alien Artifact from Coal sampling, and 2 from using Stones, and 3 from using Wood. Since my game is already launching rockets, and making lots of coal, stone and wood, i think for my current game the values needed to make each alien artifact are quite low, so i might edit them to be like 100 units minimum, (im using the NP Bees mod too) :) but yeah it works nicely so well done :)

New response