Finale

Allows arbitrary code execution during the data stage via mod settings. Intended for modpack configuration. Loads last (usually).

Utilities
2 years ago

g what can I do with this mod?

a month ago

in general, I know what ACE is but what can I access through this mod?

a month ago

Hey! I'm pretty inactive in the factorio scene right now but this is a simple question so-

You can write data/prototype stage lua code as if you were making a mod, and put it into the mod settings and it will get executed during startup. The reason to use this method instead of just making a regular mod is that mod settings are synced between worlds as well as host(or dedi servers) and clients. While you can publish a regular mod to the portal to get the same effect, this avoids the publication step.

The downside is to ensure compatibility with the settings system, I've enforced encoding the input (which has the benefit of being able to compress it as well). An encoder is included in the mod zip, usage instructions are on the overview page. It's encoded as base64 over DEFLATE on the input.

a month ago

wow, I think it's called "injection" but it's a great idea!

at first, looking at "ACE" I thought that this mod would allow me to change the behavior of the game engine, and I would finally be able, for example, to load a list of files from my mod so as not to list them somewhere (though I doubt that it would work even if that were the case, because most likely io is completely disabled in the engine).

a month ago

Just awesome! I’m currently playing with my friends on the PY build and when adding a mod we discovered that the technology is not available, it’s good that I discovered this mod that allows me to correct such things :)

by the way, a little off-topic, I accidentally discovered that your mod for boilers (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/lumina-electric-boiler) is available from the third cans, would it be possible to make a setting that would make this moment easier? Now I’ll make a temporary fix, but if it’s not difficult, please.

a month ago

Glad to see its helped someone! I was experimenting with a web interface for encoding / decoding but didn't get around to finishing it. Maybe I'll do that sometime.

As for the other mod, yeah that should be an easy enough startup setting fix. I just don't know when I can get around to it.

New response