Deadlock Stacking For IR

Add stacked items for IR, if you have figured out how to manually upgrade IR to v1.0

Utilities
3 years ago

g Future stacking support for IR, post 1.1

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hi billbo99,

There may be a release of IR for Factorio 1.1. But if there is, it will not have built-in Deadlock's Stacking Beltbox and Crating Machine support.

I'm not interested in Crating Machine at all any more but I was half-intending to release a separate mod that adds beltbox support to IR. However since you've gone ahead and done this mod, perhaps you would like to maintain that instead and save me the work.

If so, I can provide you with the updated stacked component icons Blender churns out for me (some of the textures and materials will be changing). There won't be stacked ores or gravels etc. though, just the components.

If you are interested, just say so.

3 years ago

I am happy to help you in any way possible, I have been using your API to add support for multiple different mod packs.

I can :-
- update this mod to use your icons.
- or mark this mod as "Deprecated".
- or I can transfer this mod to you if that is your preference.

This mod is called "zzzzDeadlockStackingForIR" so it can run last as I don't know how people are making their own updates to the 0.17 version of IR and I thought this would help ensure load order.

If you still want me to look after this mod when IR 1.1 comes out I will mark this mod as "Deprecated" and re-submit it as "DeadlockStackingForIR" with the correct dependencies.

3 years ago

Thanks. I'll think about it and get back to you. But my preference right now would be to give you the stacked item artwork and take it off my to-do list completely. You are pretty much leading the field in DSB bridge mods.

3 years ago

I do have a few under my name :)

3 years ago

I had to rethink this a bit. To cut a long story short, IR itself needs to contain at least some explicit support for DSB or it will all just break really, really hard.

I am going to go ahead and release a separate patch mod for IR+DSB. I don't actually ever play with DSB enabled myself any more so that will probably be the end of it for me - as the original author of DSB I mostly just didn't want it to be completely incompatible with IR.

So I am happy to add you as a collaborator on the DSB-IR support mod if you want. I wouldn't mind if you wanted to expand it later to stack things that I haven't provided by default (e.g. ores, crushed ores etc.)

Alternatively you could just keep providing this mod here to extend DSB even further, it's no skin off my nose either way. But currently IR won't run if DSB is installed but the DSB-IR patch mod isn't.

3 years ago

That's fine. I am looking forward to seeing what comes out of the next IR iteration.

I have helped Shane a few times with patches to DSB, the latest was a fix when a recipe had a fuel value of 0.5KJ and DSB didn't detect the decimal in the value when it came to scaling up the number and resulted in a fuel value of 0KJ. :)