Xander Mod

An extensive overhaul, emphasizing detailed and realistic chemistry, materials, and production. Extends the base game to marathon-style complexity.

Overhaul
2 years ago
0.15 - 1.1

i There should be more people playing this mod!

3 years ago

I'm experienced with many "mainstream" mods: say a hundred of different kinds. I'm new to this mod, and I find it a very good one. Actually I heard about it months ago, but it was dismissed by me because of the modest downloaded times. Now I've played it and I would say It's complete in itself and feels elegant. It can be compared to AAI Industry but is better (only that Xander does not support Space Exploration, which requires AAI installed). Maybe the intro here on this mod page is too concise to be able to get people realize its well-seasoned complexity. Also, the photos attached in the intro does not show what's interesting: some are too zoomed out, and for others, it's weird to present a base layout when it's a mod about new materials and intermediates. New buildings and their inter-structures should be shown large and clearly. Maybe a FNEI table of all materials tells much more. And the fact that this mod is as rich and complete as other "overhauls", and their comparisons, should be made clearer in the description rather than vague speeches as of now (e.g. "the mod has new ores for new metals, detailed refining processes, complex sequences of intermediate parts," blablabla - this is talking of, rather than talking about, the contents of this mod). I understand that this intro was written long ago, but a revision may do good to everyone. By some tweaks as such I think the download times have the potential to go up, maybe even multiply, because this mod is no less than its competitors - whose download times generally go up to 10k+ or even 100k+.

3 years ago

I agree with jyf15. I've completed B&A, py suite, krastorio, space exploration and was looking for something new.
This mod does itself a disservice with intro and images as I didn't realize what's really behind.
Just started playing 2 days ago, but already loving it. So far, it looks like an in-between B&A and PY in complexity. I find PY to be at times too complex for no good reason (try setting up diamond or full uranium chain) and takes too long to get things going at good scale.
Hopefully Xander has the right balance.
Few suggestions:
1. PY does a really good job of showing icons for buildings using just an outline and color to show MK1-MK4 tiers. Really easy to see what is at what level.
2. It has been discussed here, but I think having a very slow wood making process will allow some automation and slow progression of earlier wood dependant processes. Maybe use Bobs process (seedlings -> greenhouse -> log + sew -> wood? or a simple greenhouse with water that is very, very slow.
3. I have few thousand level 1 belts (+ undergrounds and splitters) after I upgraded to 15/s belts and can't use them for anything. Can you add recipe for yellow belts that uses crude belts + some materials as an upgrade?

New response