Early Logistics System

Gives smaller logistic chests to use in the early game, unlocked with logistic bots technology. Compatible with Space exploration. Needs AAI containers.

1 year, 9 months ago

g Logical Logistics

1 year, 6 months ago
(updated 1 year, 6 months ago)

Thank you so much for making this mod! One thing that bothered me even before SE moved requester chests insanely far up the tech tree is that the very first logistics research grants your suit the ability to request items. If your suit can do it, why couldn't a chest? To address that lack of logic and give your mod a bit more consistency, I propose the following changes:

Logistics A research: gives 'smol' versions of all logistics chests: 10 slots, 1 request. (Network signals can be used to extend requests, giving added utility for added complexity, which--to my mind--is completely fair.)
Logistics B research: gives regular versions of all logistics chests.

Even when playing SE, this will give you reasonable, logical options MUCH earlier while grouping together the smol and regular types. (For most of the game passive providers are usually limited to ten or less slots anyways, so that wouldn't be a hardship for most players. If they want more, they can chain them.)

Does that sound reasonable?

1 year, 6 months ago

Yeah, I've meant to add a smol active provider for a while but I've also been lazy :V
I don't see much point in making the smol chests a research separate from the robot networks research, though.
I also don't want to push passive and storage chests further up the tech tree, even if it results in some inconsistency when you unlock chests with 48 slots.
I have a fair amount of time this weekend, so maybe I'll update a few of my mods.

1 year, 5 months ago

I fear that I may have miscommunicated. I meant replacing the chest part of 'Logistics Robotics' research (that gives you only passive providers and storage chests) with smol versions of ALL of the chests, and the chest part of 'Logistics System' research (that adds requester chests/etc.) with ALL of the regular chests. That way, instead of the technology being divided in half, it just gets upgraded by the second research. Is that clearer?

New response