Wormmus Config deprecated

by wormmus

Adds some extended customization options.

6 years ago

b Error in 0.16.30

6 years ago

Since updating to the aforementioned version I get the following error:

failed to load mods:wormmus-config/data.lua:3:wormmus-config/prototypes/cheaper-recipes.lua:57:attempt to index field 'normal' (a nil value)

Since I don't speak Lua, I was hoping you could figure this out.

6 years ago

Works just fine for me on 0.16.30. One of your other mods is interfering. You need to provide a screenshot of your mods folder. An imgur link will work just fine.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

per line 57 of cheaper-recipes.lua:

data.raw["recipe"]["express-transport-belt"].normal.ingredients = {{"fast-transport-belt", 1}, {"iron-gear-wheel", 2}}

---error triggered when setting transport belts to cheaper recipes.

Do you have angels mods installed? I'm trying to trace a few different issues related to angel's smelting and refining mods that overrides/replaces a metric shit ton of stuff.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

[if you do have angels mods installed, or shinyGFX mods installed, disable those first and try and reload] also, if you have bobs mods installed, which version are you using? a bunch of recipes were changed in the latest release and that could be part of the problem.

6 years ago

Works fine in Vanilla 0.16.32. Unfortunately I am a bit low on extra time to solve this, so you are just going to have to find out what mod is causing the issue.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

bob's logistics is the culprit here. crash occurs even if wormmus is loaded with only two other mods: bob's logistics and his library mod. But does not crash as soon as you remove bob's logistics. (all other mods-roughly 100) able to load with wormmus configs set the same once bob's logistics was disabled. I know he recently changed the recipes for all the vanilla transport belts/undergrounds, etc and moved them into his own crafting category/panel. Not sure if that'd cause issue or not.
And it also adds another belt type with a different name "basic belt", which is used for science 1, but still, i'm not sure what exactly is causing it....just that it's something in bob's logistics.

The error specifically mentions "attempt to index field 'normal' (a nil value)" in reference to the express transport belt. But not sure why/how that's happening.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

further testing shows issue began in bob's logistics release version 16.8 and newer
release version 16.7 and earlier all function as expected.

so the crash is caused by changes made between the release of 16.7 for the 16.8 and newer releases.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

but since the crash doesn't actually give me any insight into what (from bob's mods) is causing wormmus's recipe override to fail, i don't know what to check.

....wait a second.
god i've been stupid. i'll brb.

6 years ago

Found the fix. Remove the text: "normal" from line 57 of cheaper-recipes.lua
and save. no crash. and wormmus successfully overwrites recipes for belt.

6 years ago

I'll put in a fix this later this afternoon when I get home. Good research Phoenix.

6 years ago

3.1.4 should fix this issue. I won't be doing an update to actual recipes in BobMods for a while, but it will be coming.

6 years ago

Cheers.