Wormmus Config deprecated

by wormmus

Adds some extended customization options.

6 years ago

g pre-generation of map tooltip warning

6 years ago

could you possibly add a tooltip warning,or additional info to the config option that will generate more of the map upon loading the game? If a user selects something too high, it could take hours or crash attempting to generate all that terrain, make their save files too big, and even affect the inherent difficulty of the game.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

something like: "this setting can easily quadruple the size of the save file, and take hours to generate on a shitty computer. This option intended for modders checking to see if their mod is generating resources as intended, or for players running a multiplayer server who wish to prevent terrain-generation-related lag during actual game play, but unnecessary, inadvisable (and kinda cheaty) for single player usage."

6 years ago

I use it on my worlds all the time and have no issues, so the short answer is no. The long answer, is I have a shitty computer, and things work just fine.

6 years ago

I have a shitty computer and it lags my game for about the first 60 seconds then everything is fine. I don't see why it needs a warning.

6 years ago

Final Response, not directed at anybody in particular...

Your game only runs slow until the area is discovered. After that, it has 0 effect to gameplay. It's not something that runs constantly, it's a one time event. It's an option, and if it's too much for your computer to handle, then don't use it. I'm not forcing anybody to use any of the options, they are just there if you want to use them.