Wormmus Config deprecated

by wormmus

Adds some extended customization options.

6 years ago

g Error loading mod

6 years ago

This is sure to be a mod conflict of some kind, but I keep getting the following error:
Failed to load mod: wormmus-config/data.lua.39:...s-config__/prototypes/extensions/resource-generation.lua:30:attempt to index field 'autoplace' (a nil value).

... And I'm unfortunately using a crapton of other mods. None of the big overhaul suites (bobs, angels, etc) but some significant ones that mess with resource placement (RSO, Angel's Infinite Ores, portal research, asteroid mining, spaceX, Darkmatter replicators... maybe one or two more). Would I be correct in thinking it's one of those causing the issue?

6 years ago

From what you have listed, I would guess Asteroid Mining. The file doesn't run if RSO is found, and the file's contents are compatible with Bob's Mods and Angel's Mods, although it does not modify their ore.

6 years ago

Hm. If it doesn't run when RSO is found, then why is it running while I use RSO?

It's not Asteroid Mining, though - at least, it's not ONLY that. I just toggled it off and wormmus-config on, and it gave me the same error.

When I re-enabled Asteroid Mining and DISabled RSO, though, it loaded up just fine. Odd.

6 years ago

Aha... it may be something in Angel's Infinite Ores is toggling RSO to the wrong value. With AIO+RSO, it throws the error. With just one or the other, there don't appear to be any issues.

... In which case, it's prooooobably not your mod, after all, huh?

6 years ago

The mod will load even if RSO is there, but the code contained within the file will not execute if the code sees RSO. I would pin the issue down to having my mod active, disable all others, and re-enable them a few at a time, to see what causes the issue.

6 years ago

Just the infinite ores. I'll start doing some more experiments and see what other combinations don't work.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

If you're using 1.7.0 of my mod, line 39 does stone generation...

I just tested it with RSO, Angel's and Bob's Mods, works fine.

6 years ago

Oh, that was quick. Tried the following combinations:
All mods disabled - Loaded fine (obvs)
Only wormmus config - Loaded fine.
only Wormmus+RSO - loaded fine.
only Wormmus+AIO - loaded fine.
only Wormmus+RSO+AIO - Threw the same error, refused to load.

So it's gotta be something in how the three interact alone.

6 years ago

Oh, sorry, the 39 is a typo. It's line 30, the one for coal.

6 years ago

Working on a fix.

6 years ago

Don't take this the wrong way, but...

Something that might save you a headache later, is to read the entire line of an option...

[RESOURCE_GENERATION] Base (Vanilla Only)
[RESOURCE_GENERATION] Multiplier: Base (Vanilla Only)
[RESOURCE_GENERATION] Multiplier: Distance (Vanilla Only)

Notice how they say Vanilla Only...

6 years ago

1.7.1 has the fix and is available now.

6 years ago

Cool, thanks! All issues appear to be resolved.

Ugh, I went looking in the mods options, but it was only when your mod was disabled. That might have helped a bit. I don't remember changing those, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. Thanks for getting to this so quickly!

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Awesome! I'll try bouncing it up against my mod-dump-list, too....lol
~B

EDIT: Yep, whatever fix the OP's issue fixed mine as well. I close the issue at GitHub.
EDIT: I can't seem to find it, but you can close it for me. Also, the link on the information screen here gives an internal 404 error over at GitHub.

6 years ago

I ditched GitHub.