Wireless Charging

by mknejp

Induction stations and equipment allowing wireless charging of batteries in vehicles and armor.

7 years ago

b Induction station, not connecting to power grid

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

It seems that my induction charging station cannot connect to Power grid.
Charge level remains at a flat zero.

using 0.14.3

7 years ago

Same exact situation, flashing red.

7 years ago

which version are you using? Did it used to work before with 0.13 or 0.14.2?

7 years ago

Not connected to the power grid would be a yellow plug icon. A flashing red lightning icon means it is connected but there is no electricity available.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

OK thanks for the precision, I get a red lightning icon no matter what power source I connect next to it with a pylon.

Using Factorio 0.14.3 and Wireless Charging 0.2.3

Thank you for your time!

7 years ago

There isn't really anything I can do. The presence of the red icon means the electric-interface entity exists where it's supposed to. Have you tried to actually charge something there? Maybe it needs to drain first before it's considered connected.

7 years ago

Hi mknejp, thank you for the time you are spending on this.

I tested it again tonight, the low induction power station (LIPS) keep displaying a flashing right lightning icon, Energy level of the LIPS is not rising no matter how I connect it to my power network. Flashing red lightning Icon shows up when pressing the Alt key for seeing additional information.

I get the same issue for the High voltage charging station, energy level are stuck at flat zero.

I've equipped a power armor, batteries and an induction coil (all in the armor), still no energy going to the batteries or whatever.

Maybe its a conflict with another Mod I have installed.
Thanks for your time, I will try to fix it and share my finding.

7 years ago

Hi mknejp, updating to 0.2.4 fixed the issue.

Thank you for providing us with an excellent mod.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Im having this problem now. IDK what to do it is a red flashing icon but i have plenty of energy since i just upgraded my energy production system.

7 years ago

Just modifed the Source with 2 lines. The problem (at least for not charging the coils to 100J capacity, was the limited input charge of "0W". this cant work properly, since it seems to not take "0W" as unlimited but rather as "0W". So i modified these lines:

entity.lua

local function make_station
-> energy_source =
{
type = "electric",
buffer_capacity = "100J",
usage_priority = "terciary",
-- Edited by SirWayNe 02.01.2016
input_flow_limit = "150W",
output_flow_limit = "0W"
-- input_flow_limit = "0W",
-- output_flow_limit = "0W"
},
local function make_rail_accumulator
-> energy_source =
{
type = "electric",
buffer_capacity = "100J",
usage_priority = "terciary",
-- Edited by SirWayNe 02.01.2016
input_flow_limit = "150W",
output_flow_limit = "0W"
-- input_flow_limit = "0W",
-- output_flow_limit = "0W"
},

Just testing this right away.

7 years ago

Just found something else wrong. Changed the following:

<pre>energy_source = -- Edited by SirWayNe 03.01.2016 usage_priority = "secondary-input", -- usage_priority = "terciary", </pre>

This means, that the energy is alos used by accumulators (when set to terciary it wont charge from accumulators from the power grid.)

New response