What is it used for?

Inspects an item and tells you exactly what recipes it is used in.

Utilities
7 years ago

i Dynamic Catalog Feature

7 years ago

What you have created is one step away from a mod I had been thinking of developing, a recipe catalog that the user can browse and see what items are made from and what recipes they are in.

When looking at the popup window and it shows the results of an item, clicking on an item in the list would make it the new target and update the window.

Example: User clicks on the icon with iron ore in hand -> window shows Ingredient in: Concrete, Iron plate, etc.

User then clicks on Iron plate icon in window -> window updates with Iron plate as new target item, displaying Ingredient in: Iron chest, Storage tank, Transport belt, etc.

7 years ago

This is actually a good idea!

7 years ago

Basically something like the not enough items for minecraft is something that factorio modding scene needs. I was actually coming here to suggest just this

7 years ago

Yes this is exactly what I was going to suggest.

I'm playing with bob's mods and angel's mods and this mod is helping SO MUCH. But since a lot of the 'used in' recipes and 'produced by' recipes just say the name of the chemical process it's hard to tell exactly what other inputs i need or what other outputs i'll be getting.

Would be super useful to hover over an entry in the list or click on it to focus on that specific recipe, being able to hover over each of the outputs to get the tooltip of what it actually is called :D

New response