Beacons But Better

Flatter, cleaner and more advanced beacons. Add more modules, use productivity, drive over beacons, and use the old low res textures. Change and customise whatever you like about the beacon.

3 years ago
0.18 - 1.1

i [ADDED] Antenna graphics

3 years ago

With the new, "cleaner" graphics the base is nice and really emphasizes the ability to walk on it, but the tower is blurry/distorted and would be much better if it supported the animated glow just as the base game does.

This is especially true with Alt mode enabled in the Space Exploration mod as the beacon gains 6 new module slots with a dark background overlay, rendering the base largely invisible and only the tower stands out.

3 years ago

Hello, thanks for the interest in my mod.

I will look into supporting the glow, however the tower and base and slots are actually all part of the same image, since it was made as a concept image. This means without remaking the whole thing I’m not sure it would be possible. I haven't changed the glow at all so my best guess is that is what’s breaking it.

If you have any other ideas to make it stand out in Space Exploration, please send them over :)

I’ll contact the designer now, and see if they are willing to separate each section of the beacon.

-Samuel

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Edit: apparently sending a message on mobile sends it twice

3 years ago

Designer should hopefully be sending me fixed graphics tomorrow.

-Samuel

3 years ago

I have fixed the animation and the tower has been updated so it now should look far higher quality.

-Samuel

New response