Beacons But Better

Flatter, cleaner and more advanced beacons. Add more modules, use productivity, drive over beacons, and use the old low res textures. Change and customise whatever you like about the beacon.

2 years ago
0.18 - 1.1

g antenna collision 2nd

3 years ago

since you lock old threads so noone can add his 10c (whyever you are doing this :-/), ill just add it here:

we know you cant have multiple collision boxes - but you should be able to resize the vanilla one to 1/9th, so it just covers the middle with the antenna.

tried this yet?

3 years ago

Yeah, I was curious why multiple are needed...

3 years ago

Hello, thanks for showing interest in my mod!

Sorry about the locked threads thing, I just see alot of other mods do it and I thought it would be better to seperate each idea out to not have one overly massive thread, my bad.

While thats a good idea in theory, its terrible in practise. Collision masks exist as modifying the collision box directly (either too big or too small) causes issues. For example, If I did this, you would be able to place stuff inside of the beacon. For this reason alone I will not be doing it as I feel like this is more game breaking than driving through an antenna, as you will be able to pack lots of beacons into a very small space (as they will tehcnically be around 1x1), among various other issues that would arise.

If someone suggests an idea that wont break other aspects of the game, I will go ahead.

-Samuel

New response