Truck

by d3x0r

Add a truck to the game.

6 years ago
0.15 - 0.16

i Cool but not useful

6 years ago

I like the way that truck looks, but it has less storage than the vanilla car and also slower( although I don't mind because it's a truck)
It also has 2 fuel slots which is great!
Definitely more capacity would help, but what about if it was also getting faster speed and acceleration from concrete roads more than any other vehicle? Like 200% on concrete while the % is the same for everything else...

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

I would actually prefer something like a Landmaster (ref: Damnation Alley). Suits the scenario better and doesn't make you wonder how a lone crash survivor is filling/emptying a dump truck. The larger fuel tank is good, but I would expect a truck to be a bit slower overall, on any terrain, and carry a lot more cargo. If I had any modding skill at all I would attempt it myself.

4 years ago

First of all, you cannot nerf the trunk space of original vehicles like the car or the tank, just to say that your Truck carries more cargo. If this Truck is part of another mod, then just nerf it elsewhere. Otherwise it is quite annoying to realize that suddenly all valuable items in your trunk got disintegrated from one savegame to another just because of this mod.
Second, this Truck really drains a lot of fuel, and given the original Car and Truck trunk space, this Truck really does not compensate the cost-benefit of fuel consumption.
In other words, nice idea, but bad implemented.

4 years ago

:) 'nice idea, but bad implemented' Yes, I agree. Mostly this mod was an update from 0.15(0.14?) mod, with no modification.
Personally, I was sort of hoping I could use a different type of rail and have these automated... but the rail-type in the system doesn't work... so one rail is exactly like every other; if I could have dirt-track and high-speed track which were separate types (and didn't link into each other, only allowing crossing) would have been great.

New response