Tree Growth: Natural expansion

Allows saplings to spawn near trees.

4 years ago
0.15 - 0.17

g Compatible with Alien Biome's ??

4 years ago

Heyhey,

Question... I have both your 3 mods... The 3 Tree growth mods.. Is this compatible with the Alien Biome's mod? I really hope so... I have not discovered any growth yet so far. Could you look into it?
Have done a lot of playthroughs already. saw this mod and got in love on the idea. I really hate all the tree dying everywhere resulting in a barren land. I'd prefer dense forests every where... I also use the Will o Whips mod. A nice combination :) Alien biome's, these awesome mods and the whists... it now really feels like a alien planet.

4 years ago

I have just been trying with the lowest tick frequencys possible. I am getting game freezes every few seconds. But I don't see any tree's spawned. Could you look into it? Also the freezes is a bit weird. Is it because all calculations for all trees are calculated all in once? Hmmm... Mayb that can be done with some kind of random select tree loop instead of checking each tree individually. there are a lot of trees, it would explain why my CPU spikes :D:D

4 years ago

I will look into this.
However, there are in principle two effects we need to distinguish, the first is
- Tree Growth slows the game down. I might be able to do something about this.
- The game is slow because there are too many trees. This is of course indirectly related to Tree Growth, too. But there is not much I can do about this.

4 years ago

Also, If you have three out of four mods that might explain why nothing spawns, depending on which three.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I just generated a new map, I have a pretty large selection of mods including most of Bob's and Alien Biomes, and all 4 of your tree mods. I see zero tree expansion and trees are not being marked for removal due to proximity to buildings. All my other mods are functioning great but I cannot tell that any of yours are working at all. I have used your mods in the past with great success so I don't know what changed.

Update: I loaded a new save with nothing but your tree mods and left it open for 20 minutes with zero growth. I also noticed no tree size variance as well as no trees being marked for removal next to a few things I placed.

New response