Tessellatorio

Factorio but your factory auto-tessellates

Overhaul
3 years ago

g Duping

3 years ago

Ayo PyroFire,
(tis me writing thee, and having played 20 minutes of tessellatorio)

while this mod really is great I noticed some flaws immediately, the biggest one beeing a duping abuse which in itself has a flaw. Let me elaborate:
it is possible to dupe by putting a stack of items in a chest and then extracting them with a inserter on the ground where you can pick them up ... 8 times then you can put those back in the chest to further duplicate making all ressources infinite as long as you have atleast 2 tesseltiles feeding back.

This problem feeds from the idea that all enteties share the same inventory with the last machine you just opened which is very dissatisfying when you first loot your furnance expecting 8 times the outcome (from the other 8 squares) but instead all furnaces turn empty.

I can understand why you would make the decision to programm it like that since that way modules added to machines spread to all, but in the early game this "feature" makes you more or less lose all the ressources your tesselating machines would have produced making my engeneering heart feel very dissatisfied :(

As a solution I would imagine a Tessellatorio in which the geometry of the machines are only symetrical but not in absolute entity sync thus only allowing for symetrical and tessellating machine placement (except anti belts) and not machine state, making especially the early game more natural and enjoyable since you need and can produce the multiple items and actually need to produce the 100 red science packs and not just put 15 in 9 plabs simultaneously.
I understand that cleaning messes up will be harder that way but its factorio after all ;)

Other bugs i encountered:
burn miners dissapear sometimes when running out of fuel,
the diagonal and cardinal tessellation size 1 had no effect for me (researching them after researching tessellation size 1)

Other:
some landfill for starters would be nice since you can clean up your starting Tessel after researching Tessellation the first time since the 4 water beeing created are quite annoing
good mod i see alot of potential and have a great day, your fellow engineer Mathias :)

3 years ago

I may or may not have played on 1.0.0 ...

3 years ago

Tessellatorio is perfectly balanced with no exploits.

Early game would need to be at least 1 size bigger if no duplication.
Machine states are copied mostly for rotation, can be changed to just rotation.

There are some bugs with landfill/water placement.
Probably bugs with blueprint placement.

Tessellation size upgrades should clear the new space instead of keeping the copy.
I wanted the factory to continue operating but in practice it didn't quite play well, I instead wanted to clear it after the upgrade to rebuild.
Linked chests were recently added to factorio which could be good to add early.

New response