Steam Works deprecated

Want to use steam from a nuclear plant in steam engines or in coal liquefaction? Stop waisting energy and cool down your steam!

3 years ago
0.18 - 1.1

i This might work

4 years ago

ksmonkey123, what do you think about this mod working together with Realistic Reactors? Like, using the hot ECCS that goes out the reactors for some recipes...

4 years ago

sorry, I was busy with other mods. I don't see why not, but I don't know the RealisticReactors at all. so if you have any concrete suggestions I can look into it.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

It already work in a way that the excess steam that goes to the turbines will go to the quemical plant and there to the steam engines. But, i think it should be an steam engine with priority so it will use its steam whenever it haves, cuz i have an 4 chunk vanilla nuclear power plant and i want the pumped out excess steam to be used before the steam on the tanks.
Also what use do you think an below 100° degrees water have? These goes out the Realistic Reactor as an hot coolant.

4 years ago

So you want the steam engines behind the chemical plant to be prioritised? I don't see how that is useful as the steam conversion down to 165° is not 100% efficient and you will actually lose energy that way compared to directly using 500° steam in the turbines.

As to warm water, I have currently no idea on how to use that.

New response