Spidertron Extended

Adds Spidertron MK2, Spidertron MK3, the Immolator and the Ghost Weaver, more powerful upgraded versions of Spidertron that can be crafted from the original, with enhanced firing capabilities, larger inventory size, equipment grid, radar coverage, mobility and much more.

Content
3 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

b Problems crafting Spidertrons in Assembly Machines

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

This isn't strictly a bug but maybe it merits addressing. I tried setting an assembly machine to craft Spidertron MK2. I have a standard mall setup of 1 requester chest and 1 provider chest to each assembly machine. I noticed the inserters become jammed constantly. This is because the inserter picks up additional Spidertron (MK1) to put into the machine that can't fit because Spidertrons don't stack. I separate the Spidertron request into its own requester chest to fix this, but then the inserter becomes jammed with Speed Module 3s. I think this is because the recipe costs 30 and Speed Modules stack to 50, the inserter is trying to put more than 50 modules in to buffer extra resources for the second round of crafting. This even happens if I set the inserter stack size to 1. This problem is likely to occur also with the Immolator costing 30 Speed and 30 Efficiency and the Ghost Weaver costing 50 Construction Bots. I hope this explanation makes sense. Also I am also using Krastorio 2 if that matters.

Is there some way to fix this inserter jamming in the mod? The easiest thing I can come up with is reducing the Speed/Efficiency module costs to be significantly lower than the stack size, and to do likewise for other resources costs like the Construction Bots, etc. This would put the module costs more in line with the vanilla Spidertron only costing 2 Efficiency Modules. Unfortunately it would not fix the inserter jamming on inserting Spidertron (MK1) as a resource cost, and I really like the upgraded Spidertrons costing a regular Spidertron to make. Unless it were possible to simply increase how much of an item can be buffered into the machine? I noticed an assembly machine making Spidertron MK3 has 206 Imersium Plates in it even though the plates only stack to 200, and a machine making Spidertron MK2 has 300 Low Density Structure which only stacks to 100. I thought this wasn't possible.

Otherwise I know the in game way to fix it is to use separate Requester Chests and inserters for each input resource to each machine.

2 years ago

To be honest this kinda sounds like a factorio bug, from my perspective the inserter should just put as much as it can in the assembly machine instead of trying to put in a certain stack amount.
I also believe that the assembly machine can have over the stack limit.

New response