Spidertron Extended

Adds Spidertron MK2, Spidertron MK3, the Immolator and the Ghost Weaver, more powerful upgraded versions of Spidertron that can be crafted from the original, with enhanced firing capabilities, larger inventory size, equipment grid, radar coverage, mobility and much more.

Content
3 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

g Ghost Weaver - how does it work?

3 years ago

I feel dumb needing to ask this, but I don't get how the ghost weaver works with it's two 'weapons'. I have the two ammo types in placement in the weaver, but nothing happens around enemies, ghosts, or deconstructions. I am wondering if it's a bug or if there's just something I am missing about how it works.

3 years ago

I'll ask Resarium to make a video or a gif with explanation on how everything works.

3 years ago

A small example on how to use the ghost weaver:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdE_TnDTels
another one for the immolator:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJF6je37cqs
Tell me if you still can't get it working after.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Thanks for making this. In my ghost I don't have the weapons seat choice so I suspect I can't direct the weapons. I'll see if some other setting is causing this.
https://imgur.com/GPwNtZ6

3 years ago

With both of those checkboxes unselected, you should be able to just press C (default button) over a building to use the weapon.
If that still doesn't work:
- Make sure the the Options / Controls the Shoot enemy is still binded on a button;
- Give me your mods list so i can test using the same scenario.

Resarium β˜†
3 years ago

Make sure you have the latest version of our mod (currently 0.3.4), also the passenger/driver thing should be visible to you regardless if you're playing singleplayer or multiplayer. Secondly, to fire the repair laser or damaging laser on the Ghost Weaver, you need to use the force attack button which is C by default.
There is a slight chance that if you use other mods it might alter its behavior and in that case please let us know what you're using so we can attempt to fix it.

3 years ago

I'm not seeing the passenger thing, nor are the beams firing on "c", even though other weapons on other vehicles, they work with c and spacebar firing.

3 years ago

Spacebar usually auto-fires at closest enemy to the crosshair, while C will target what you mouse over though that applies only if auto fire is OFF on the spidertron.
From what i understand the healing laser (weaving beam) doesn't work for you guys right? or am i getting it wrong?

3 years ago

Spacebar usually auto-fires at closest enemy to the crosshair, while C will target what you mouse over though that applies only if auto fire is OFF on the spidertron.
From what i understand the healing laser (weaving beam) doesn't work for you guys right? or am i getting it wrong?

that's exactly right, the other beam too.

3 years ago

Can i have the mod list? Maybe there is a mod interfering with the firing, i know space exploration does something like that.

3 years ago

Here are my findings

Control: Driver OR Passenger, Auto Targeting: none
Can use 'c' to heal or damage structures

Control: Driver OR Passenger, Auto Targeting: with Gunner
Can't use 'c' for either beam, no automatic healing of structures
Getting close to biters, does trigger either beam, though not sure what healing beam does to biter....

Control: Driver OR Passenger, Auto Targeting: without Gunner
Same behavior in remote control mode as with gunner

Here's the list of mods I've got

actual-craft-times-remade_1.0.5
BlueprintSignals_0.1.0
blueprint_flip_and_turn_100.8.3
bullet-trails_0.5.1
creative-mod_1.6.2
even-distribution_0.3.18
far-reach_1.0.1
Fill4Me_0.9.4
flib_0.5.0