Spidertron Extended

Adds Spidertron MK2, Spidertron MK3, the Immolator and the Ghost Weaver, more powerful upgraded versions of Spidertron that can be crafted from the original, with enhanced firing capabilities, larger inventory size, equipment grid, radar coverage, mobility and much more.

Content
3 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

b Crash when loading a saved game with spidertron extended with the mod disabled

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Crash when loading a saved game with spidertron extended with the mod disabled, noticed by Resarium
So it seems that if you have a saved game with spidertron extended and try to play that save game without the mod, Factorio will completely crash.
I have no idea if this can be even fixed on my side, since there's no log or anything, the game just closes. I might need to make a ticket to factorio since i've never seen something like this.
Added issue to the bug forum: https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=88573

3 years ago

Seems like this issue is going to be fixed in factorio later on. Guess we will just have to wait.

3 years ago

I suspect I'm encountering this bug too, but for me it's both when I load the game with the mod enabled and disabled (and a full Factorio crash, no mod-load crash).

The latest mod version saved with this map was 0.2.0.

3 years ago

This issue might happen to all other mods related to spidertron, since it's a spidertron issue. Do you have all the mods that were used in that save enabled?
The thing is i never heard of it happening with the mods for the save enabled (but maybe i just don't know all the problems with the bug).
Also maybe i broke some of the mod settings, can i know what mod settings did you modify for spidertron-extended?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I did sync mods and startup setting before loading, so yes, I had all mods enabled. I had the same crash as Resarium when I tried to load the previously good map without any mods, but can load the map when all mods (incl SE) are enabled (good thing too, so I can play at least one current map :D)

3 years ago

I didn't change any settings for the map that crash without mods but loads with mods. The map that crashes both without and with mods… only turned off auto-repair on the Mk3 (natch, since I requested that ;-)).

New response