Spaceblock

Seablock but without the sea, and you make a rocket by duplicating resources instead of from water. Build your own space station / satellite / orbital rocket launchpad / factory thing

Overhaul
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1

g Love it - but memory is an issue

a month ago

I run four servers all hosting my mod Brave New Oarc - which supports Space Block. But we usually can only run a few days since Space Block consumes more memory than any other mod (Krastorio, Freight Forward, SeaBlock, Alien modules, or normal Fractorio) all running with Brave new oarc.

I suspect the issue is the background that is randomly placed around the map. Do you have any insight. I could run some tests to see if it can be improved. I have a high memory save if you want to look. I know the tools don't really let us query the memory usages.

If you want to see our server - search Maroons. I appreciate any help you can provide on this in finding the high memory usage areas of mods.

a month ago

PerfectWill looked into this and found module_slots are defined as 65535 in data-final-fixes.lua which is causing memory to be allocated for each

module_specification = {module_slots = 65535,},

can this be moved to 4 - this is what is allocating so much memory.

a month ago

I fixed this with a mod that when loaded with Space Block - fixes this memory issue:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/spaceblock-memory-fix

a month ago

can this be moved to 4 - this is what is allocating so much memory.

No, it can't. This many slots for support of almost infinite "mining productivity" research. But if it will be moved to mod settings, then everybody can setup it's own limit for this research.

a month ago
(updated a month ago)

Agree - making changes to the memory fix mod to enable the host to set the maximum beacon level from 4..65535. Ideally the author enable this setting so those hosting with limited memory can set a max limit. We love Space Block, I'll add this to settings in the memory fix mod, and if author of SB adds, I will delete the memory fix mod. iassasin I appreciate your info !

New response