Spaceblock

Seablock but without the sea, and you make a rocket by duplicating resources instead of from water. Build your own space station / satellite / orbital rocket launchpad / factory thing

Overhaul
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1

g Duplicator

4 years ago

PyroFire, This idea inspired me to expand on this a bit, please check it out: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Duplicator

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Thanks for the mention, however i must say this seems a bit unwarranted / unwelcomed.

Your fork looks near-identical to what i've already got, with the exception of a few new machines that don't really add anything to the mod. (why bother - just use regular assemblers?)
https://gyazo.com/01c65b4c9c023c2d45fc54eb9678aec1

And keeping in mind, this mod is literally 3 days old.
https://gyazo.com/407f5c4bb7cc53e394cbdceefdc121e6

Resulting from this i have decided to put a license on my works, that basically just says "Be unique/original with your changes!".

Ain't going to discount you just yet however, as i can see this is barely a day old too.
Always a nice hear that my work gives inspiration.
However i would really like to see you do something more with your branch of this mod or do something different.
No one likes clones and re-uploads, so i'm hoping you have more plans than what is visible so far.

As for spaceblock - what you see is what you get.
I don't anticipate much being added or changed going forwards.

4 years ago

This mod appears to be picking up some steam and there's a lot of new ideas being tossed around about what can be added to it.

You're more than welcome to continue working on your Duplicator mod, just please be original <3
Happy developing! :D

4 years ago

Yes I agree with you, I thought it was okay to use your code because of the license you had put on it, I didn't mean to just steal it and call it my own! :)

I have been thinking of more ideas to add to my mod to make it more unique, but I'm not really that great of a modder yet. I mostly wanted to show you what I had done and to communicate with you that I had used your code

4 years ago

Also, I didn't know you're the guy who made Warptorio, that's so cool! My friends and I really enjoy your mod :)

4 years ago

I thought it was okay to use your code because of the license you had put on it

It was, and still is okay!
Building off other works is a great way to learn.
The only concern i really have is when it comes to publishing - where there's 2 mods that are nearly identical and leaves players asking "which one do i use?", and it also means we both need to add more conflicts to the mods dependencies. (I try to keep that list as tiny as possible!)

In our current situation however, you can also see there were a number of issues with the bobs/angels mods at the time of your fork so you may want to look at some of the changes I've made to address those problems.
Keeping up with changes like this is another reason why you may not wish to fork mods in early stages of their development cycle - every little change will involve re-updating your fork by comparing the changes made to the base mod and to changes you have made yourself, and this may become particularly difficult (or near impossible) if you're otherwise unable to fix such issues yourself when they are identified.

I have been thinking of more ideas to add to my mod to make it more unique, but I'm not really that great of a modder yet.

Spaceblock in particular is very interesting in that it renders a lot of the "typical" ideas pointless or unusable.
It's almost one step away from being a creative mode.
But even despite this, there have been several suggestions made that could really spice things up and make this an actually challenging mod.

I must also say, your bootstrap recipe specifically got some pretty good feedback and i ended up putting that into spaceblock, so collaboration helps build on ideas.
And i'm always open to people contributing code :)

I mostly wanted to show you what I had done and to communicate with you that I had used your code

Appreciate <3
I hope i haven't discouraged you, rather I hope i have given you some drive to continue working on what you have started and see it through to fruition. Something sparked inside you to make that start, so give it a go and see where it takes you :)

4 years ago

Thanks!

My main ideas are to make something like an incremental game, as that is one of my favorite game genres, and this framework seems perfect for that. It just seemed like a nice blank slate to start to learn how to make new buildings and recipes

Thanks for the encouragement :)

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

FYI, changing a license after he started his fork means your new license doesn't apply to his work unless he comes back and gets something you've updated since updating the license. His fork based on your work from before the new license is still completely valid.

I'm not in any way discrediting or supporting either of you, I just wanted to let you know. Copyright, Trademarks and Patents are kinda a special interest of mine.

4 years ago

FYI, changing a license after he started his fork means your new license doesn't apply to his work unless he comes back and gets something you've updated since updating the license. His fork based on your work from before the new license is still completely valid.

Which is why i figured best to change it now before too many more clones are made :P

New response