Smoother Start Addon

Smoother start for Bob's Angel's Mods and Electric Furnaces by changing yellow-loader and electric-stone-furnace recipes to basic-circuit-board instead of basic-electronic-circuit-board. Thus, allowing you to start a game and set-up the first line of production in a smoother fashion. Need bobelectronics

Utilities
5 years ago
0.14 - 0.17

g Dependency error on startup in this mod or mod's description

7 years ago

Angel's Mods (one or more of them) is/are not listed as a hard dependency in this mod's description yet the game crashes if they aren't installed, returning this error:
Failed to load mod "smoother-start 0.0.5"
smoother-start/data.lua:1: attempt to index global 'angelsmods' (a nil value)

I looked in this mod's data.lua, and I see what you're trying to do (adding recipes depending on which mods are installed) however the way you did it makes the game crash if angel's logistics isn't installed.
I don't know how to code for Factorio specifically, so unfortunately I can't tell you exactly what is wrong with the mod, but the basic logic makes sense to me.

I do appreciate the things this mod is trying to do and (it might make me actually use bob's electronics instead of "all bobs mods except electronics" like I am now) but in its current state it's not useful to me. I'll be keeping tabs on it and wait for the day when the dependency checking error is worked out.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Thanks, this is fixed in 0.0.6 by changing the internal condition on items and not in mod presence.
now if they are a "loader" or "electric-stone-furnace" in the game the recipe change as intended.

New response