Show Tile Grid Lite

by kizrak

Simple less intrusive version of built-in debug settings `show-tile-grid` feature. Useful for radar, pollution, artillery fire, UPS, map generation, chunk-aligned trains, biter expansion, etc. ⚠ This mod currently has some performance/UPS issues. It will probably require a rewrite to fix them. Sorry. πŸ’€

Utilities
2 years ago
0.17 - 1.1

b Doesn't Work

4 years ago

Like so many mods on this web site you look at them and think,"You know that may enhance my game play." so you install it and it doesn't work or it produces errors. This mod just simply does show up at on the game user interface. It doesn't matter if you have setting value "Always" on the Per Player tab. There's no toggle button to turn it on or off leaving you with feeling of "Well where is it?" Or "How does it work?". Its poorly documented. I say this not to belittle you. I appreciate your idea and attempt, but my end user experience for your mod is horrible. When you develop or program put yourself in the user's point of view as if this person has absolutely no idea what your mod does. Make no assumption about the end user, other than the user knows absolutely nothing. If you were to promote this mod as the best what would say about it? What can it do for me? How would it enhance my gameplay if used it? Show me how I can turn it on or off and adjust settings. Document and Explain it. I know its game, but be professional. Make no assumptions about a user's common sense, education and intelligence. I would really like for this mod to work, because I think it may enhance my gameplay. Would you be willing to fix it?

4 years ago

Screenshots? Version (mod and game)? Logs? Video reproduction steps?

I know its game, but be professional.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Ha! "Your mod is horrible" followed by "be professional" and then "Would you be willing to fix?" What a friendly fellow. How much are you paying for these professional services again? Maybe you should ask for a refund.

New response