Show Max Underground Distance

by ltab

Shows maximum range indicators to help you place underground belts and pipes.

Utilities
19 hours ago
0.18 - 2.0

i Increased compat with Advanced Fluid Handling

4 years ago

To be fair, it shows max distance just fine already, however Advanced Fluid Handling has underground pipes with multiple and non-standard connection directions (such as corners and t-junctions, etc) and I was wondering if it wouldn't be too hard to support this behaviour.

If not, it's fine, I can still use this quite well by simply rotating the item while it's still in my hand.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Ooh, neat mod.

Unfortunately I can't. The method I'm using to display the indicators is very inflexible. It might technically be possible to do by making large custom sprites for every type of pipe they add, but they would not be able to adjust to length changes (and Advanced Fluid Handling has dynamic lengths), so would only work as long as the mod configuration you're using doesn't change.

If there's ever a modding api update that lets me do this at runtime (I've requested it but it's very unlikely to happen), this could be added in easily.

4 years ago

Ah, that's unfortunate. Still, the two are perfectly useable together, and thank you for you work.

New response