Shallow Water deprecated

Makes shallow water walkable (but you still cant build on it). Adds a way to change deep water to shallow water.

Tweaks
6 years ago
0.15 - 0.16

i A third type of water

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

This mod is nice and i have a lot of idea with it. But for now i won't use this mod on every map : i miss too much the non-walkable shallow water.

I wanted to build puddle, stream (walkable everywhere mostly) or make small ford to cross river( meaning they are shallow place where i want to be impossible to walk)

I also wanted to make beach around lake and sea (where you can walk around with your foot in the water).

So here is my request :

Choice 1 - Having a third type of water called "Very deep water" wich during map generation replace the "deep water" then "deep water" replace "shallow water" and "shallow water" is the one we can place.

Choice 2 - Alternative : third type is the walkable shallow water and the non walkable version is vanilla.

Choice 3 - If you are lazy just make it possible to also place deep water :D

I expect a lot of this mod.

6 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't quite understand it. Specifically I understand what you want me to do but not why you want me to do it: What are you trying to fix? If you want to build bridges, landfill exists. If you want to build moats, water fill mods exist. This mod is about walking on the generated shallow water - if you don't want it maybe it's not for you.

It might be that what you want is landfill that looks like water, without looking like the usual water you encounter in the game. I do not want to introduce a third type of water because I don't have the graphics and I don't know if you can even integrate it into the game, but most importantly it's needless complication.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

The reason why ? it's simply because i want both walkable and non walkable water for decorative purpose. Something that is really non game-changing.

But you are right it is better making a "walkable shallow water" version as a landfill with the splash and slow movement effects.(and making the difference by adding some pebble maybe)

New response