Shallow Water deprecated

Makes shallow water walkable (but you still cant build on it). Adds a way to change deep water to shallow water.

Tweaks
6 years ago
0.15 - 0.16

i Decrease movement speed

6 years ago

First, want to awesome, as Bordo did!

I would like to ask that the shallow water be given some higher friction value or something (similar to how Alien Biomes mod does for like snow covered land) so that movement speed over it is slower (would seem a bit more realistic?). I ask primarily because I've always kind of wanted to use waterfill for a moat, but have always felt it a tad too "cheaty" for defense because it's a barrier that biters can never overcome. But having movement speed over shallow water be the same as normal land makes using it serve no real purpose for this.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Thank you!

That's a nice idea. I'll probably add this with an off switch in the mod settings.

You can place my flavor of waterfill in deep water only right now - not on ground. I'll add a mod setting for this as well.

6 years ago

If you need assistance with friction code, let me know.
~B

6 years ago

Thanks blueblue! And that's fine. I have a couple other mods installed atm that do allow for shallow water placing on land and even one that allows deep water placing.

6 years ago

I didnt test this before but it seems biters arent affected by the movement speed reductions that you can apply via tiles. I'll play around with it some more but I'm not sure how to do this right now.

6 years ago

If you associate the shallow water as a tile you can added movement speed properties to it. I assumed that affected enemies as it does players and vehicles. If there isn't a tile association to the shallow water, you can faux an invisible one in underneath. Just a thought... You'll get it!

6 years ago

I change both walking_speed_modifier and vehicle_speed_modifier in the tile properties. It doesnt seem to affect biters on the water. Biters also arent affected by concrete, so I'd guess it's just not possible that way.

6 years ago

Throw some faux barb wire tiles at 'em....That ought to slow them down and drown them a bit. lol

New response