Rusty's Locale Utilities

A set of helper functions for resolving proper localised names and descriptions of prototypes, including recipes and items. There are also utilities for resolving prototype icons, because why not?

3 years ago
0.18 - 1.1

b spidertron-remote .. icons error

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I am getting this error when using your library to query the icons of the new "spidertron-remote"

__rusty-locale__/icons.lua:48: recipe/spidertron-remote doesn't specify icons correctly
stack traceback:
    [C]: in function 'error'
    __rusty-locale__/icons.lua:48: in function <__rusty-locale__/icons.lua:37>

The Spidertron remote has its own type = "spidertron-remote"
Also it added a new property icon_color_indicator_mask = "__base__/graphics/icons/spidertron-remote-mask.png"

Based on the error your library does not recognise the new "TYPE"

3 years ago

Have you updated to 1.0.11? The new types were added in that one, so it shouldn't crash.

As for the new property, I'll add that for 1.0.12 sometime today hopefully.

3 years ago

I just did a few quick tests regarding icon_color_indicator_mask and it seems it's not actually a part of the icon definition, as it can't be moved inside icons. What's strange though is that moving icon_size into icons doesn't work for the remote either, but afaik that is perfectly valid for any other prototype with icons...

This will probably require more investigation, which I'm not sure I'll have the time for today unfortunately... I also realized I hadn't given any consideration to icon_mipmaps, so I'll have to check that as well.

3 years ago

I made a fix for the mipmaps in 1.0.12, but I decided to completely ignore the spidertron-remote specific properties as they're not really a part of the icon spec and it shouldn't be too difficult to just handle those manually if you do need to. I did add a note about it in the doc tho.

New response