Robot World

Ability to customize the performance of your robots, such as speed, range, battery size, and more. Setting to use robots early. Setting to enable quick start mode. New robotics technologies. And more!

Overhaul
5 years ago
0.16 - 0.17

i Great Mod, But a Few Suggestions

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I love this mod so far, but I was wondering if you could add a setting to modify robot health and possibly some research that adds a shield module to them or something.

Also, an option to prevent melee-attacking units from hitting them (since they're flying)

And perhaps a description for the settings too, as "logistics radius" is very vague.

Oh and an option to disable the "use at the start of the game" (I assume this means unlocking the research and changing recipes? If so, please add an option to disable it if so.)

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I've added an option to change the robot health. Adding modules to robots would require each robot to have a module to boost their health, which would be repetitive. I'm thinking about adding research to increase the health of the robots, however. I don't know how to create new modifiers, so I'll have to look into how to do that and whether that's possible.

I'm not sure how to prevent biters from attacking robots. I'll also have to ask around and see if that's possible to implement.

"Roboport logistics radius multiplier" isn't vague. It describes a multiplier-type setting that affects the logistics radius of the roboport. If someone doesn't know what a logistic radius is, they'll probably have a hard time using the logistic network as well.

I added the option to disable early robot unlocks. Let me know if you need anything else changed.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Thanks!
Didn't expect it to be this fast.

As for Biter attacks, I think if you're able to change target priority you should be able to move bots to the bottom of the list.

Also, if you could add a feature where items on the ground are auto-marked for pickup; that would be great. (Maybe a way to whitelist/blacklist certain items)

5 years ago

If you download the Recursive Blueprints mod, you can have a deconstruction planner automatically mark items for pickup. I've added support for Recursive Blueprints, so if you have early construction robots enabled, you can also use recursive blueprints early.

New response