Robot World

Ability to customize the performance of your robots, such as speed, range, battery size, and more. Setting to use robots early. Setting to enable quick start mode. New robotics technologies. And more!

Overhaul
5 years ago
0.16 - 0.17

g Why this is Awesome, and What You Should Also Install

5 years ago

I play the game on a laptop. As Xterminator pointed out a few years ago, Robots use less processing power and UPS than belts do, so being able to utilize robots for virtually everything is just an amazing thing indeed. Even if you don't have a potato PC or non-gaming laptop, you Megabase Aficionados will appreciate the lack of lag by using a robot based logistics system.

Also, there is a certain challenge to using Robots over belts, and a lot of space saving potential.

Good Mods to Add
-Factorissimo 2: This is a great way to organize the factory and isolate logistic systems so you don't end up with all your bots on one side of your factory.
-Logistic Mining Drill: Not sure if it updated to 0.17 yet but its a nice space saver. Otherwise, logistic chests at the miners will work as well.
-Warehousing or Angel's Warehouses: Large capacity storage options with logistic versions available. I'd go with the former if you don't use Angel's. Not sure why, but some of the warehouses in Angel's have reduced capacity. Also Warehousing offers a smaller, lower capacity Storehouse for other things.
-Bucket Wheel Excavators: Use with Warehousing to get the most out of it. Large area, high speed miners that look amazing.
-Logistic Cargo Wagon: A cargo car for your train that allows multiple logistic options. Works very well with this mod, though at the time of this posting, the wagons are pretty far down the tech tree. This also has the advantage of being able to be loaded and unloaded on curves, and simplifies train and station expansions.
-Logistic Carts (kind of): Robots tend to be awesome over short distances and Trains are the preferred method of moving items over larger distances. Logistic Carts are actually very not bad for medium range movements. Yeah, they're not speedy, but they have a large capacity, and the electric ones are virtually "fire and forget", though expensive to set up. This one isn't necessary by any stretch but I find it fun to play with.

Feel free to comment and make your own suggestions, I'm interested in hearing what others have to say.

New response