Robot World

Ability to customize the performance of your robots, such as speed, range, battery size, and more. Setting to use robots early. Setting to enable quick start mode. New robotics technologies. And more!

Overhaul
5 years ago
0.16 - 0.17

b Already-researched belts, splitters and undergrounds didn't become available in existing game after updating mod (workaround)

5 years ago

I updated Robot World from version 1.1.4 to 1.1.16, and ran into an issue, for which I want to share a workaround, and point the mod author toward a possible fix.

I had previously started a game (with transport belts disabled) in which I had researched Logistics and Logistics 2. The update to version 1.1.16 removed the option to disable transport belts, and so the green science recipe reverted from an inserter and a logi bot back to an inserter and a yellow belt, and the recipe for the yellow belt became available.

The recipes for yellow undergrounds and splitters and red belts, undergrounds and splitters were not available even though the technologies for them (logi 1 and 2) were already researched.

I do not believe this issue would affect a new game.

I was able to work around this as follows. First, I installed Command Execute (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/CommandExecute) so that I could run the necessary commands without disabling achievements.

I then entered the following commands (starting with ./c rather than /c as per the instructions of Command Execute):

./c game.player.force.technologies['logistics'].researched=false
./c game.player.force.technologies['logistics'].researched=true
./c game.player.force.technologies['logistics-2'].researched=false
./c game.player.force.technologies['logistics-2'].researched=true

This fixed the issue, making the missing recipes available.

GamingComet, thank you both for developing this mod, and for continuing to further refine and balance it. If you haven't seen it already, I'd like to suggest you take a look at this forum thread: https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?t=23837

5 years ago

I've added an event that refreshes all technologies upon startup. Thanks for notifying me about this!

New response